Travel & Tourism
The Currituck County Department of Travel and Tourism is committed to strengthening the local economy through the promotion of Currituck County as a vacation destination, thereby enhancing the quality of life for local citizens.
The Department of Travel and Tourism (DTT) was created by the county’s Board of Commissioners in March, 2005. Since then, the DTT has strived to provide visitors with trouble-free access to an abundant source of information on the many activities, restaurants, accommodations, and historical sites throughout the entire county.
By working closely with local businesses, the Tourism Development Authority and the Tourism Advisory Board, the DTT aims to assist companies through creative and cooperative advertising, co-sponsoring events, featuring area businesses on the county’s website, and assisting with tourism development in one of the fastest growing counties in the United States.
What This Department Does
- Works with the Tourism Development Authority and the Tourism Advisory Board to promote travel and tourism for Currituck County;
- Provides co-op marketing opportunities for local tourism related businesses;
- Designs flyers, brochures, newsletters, and other publications to promote Currituck County as a vacation destination;
- Manages tourism advertising campaigns;
- Conducts local focus group meetings;
- Distributes travel guides and additional tourism information to companies, visitor centers, and individuals throughout the country;
- Manages the Currituck Outer Banks Visitor's Center;
- Designs ads for national, regional and local publications;
- Promotes local events related to county tourism;
- Offers marketing advice and assistance to local tourism businesses;
- Performs market research to better utilize effective advertising and promotional opportunities;
- Creates and distributes promotional items;
- and attends conferences and trade shows to better promote the county tourism.
106 Caratoke Highway
Moyock, NC 27958
The Travel and Tourism office is located in Currituck County Welcome Center, 106 Caratoke Hwy., Moyock, NC.
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.