The Department of Public Works is comprised of the Engineering Division and the Building and Grounds Division.
The Engineering Division is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Investigates storm water runoff complaints and drainage concerns
- Determines needs for issuance of Land Disturbance Permits
The Building and Grounds Division is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Coordinating all County sanitation and recycling efforts
- Maintaining all County owned properties - buildings, building equipment, landscaping, vehicles and street signs
- Administering contracts for County projects and services
- Providing custodial services to County facilities
- Overseeing contracted services for the solid waste operation of the Manned Convenience Centers and County Transfer Station
- Providing information on how to control mosquito population.
- Provide information on the Trash Pickup Schedule for Corolla, performed by Bay Disposal. Curbside bulk pickup is available, including removal of TV's and electronics, by calling Bay Disposal at 252-491-5105.
What This Department Does Not Do
- Maintain NCDOT roads, right-of-ways and drainage ditches
- Provide garbage or trash pickup (except for the Corolla area)
- Provide installation services for culverts or driveways
- Dispose of dead animals
- Provide water or sanitary sewer services
- Provide debris removal subsequent to natural disasters
Eric Weatherly, County Engineer
Donna Keene, Administrative Assistant
The office of the Department of Public Works is located at 145 Courthouse Road, Currituck, North Carolina (adjacent to the Historic Currituck Courthouse).
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.