Jail / Detention Center
The Currituck County Detention Center is committed to providing a clean, safe environment for those awaiting trial. In some instances, the center houses individuals with a post trial sentence.
The Detention Center, is located at 413 Maple Road in Maple, NC, can house up to 62 inmates. The facility can accommodate males and females, along with juvenile offenders.
Detention Center staff also assist with transporting inmates to other facilities as needed.
What This Department Does
- Provide a clean, safe environment for those who are incarcerated in Currituck County
- See that inmates are transported to court for their court dates
- Provide contact numbers for bondsmen
- Manage supervised visitation for inmates with family & friends (see guidelines for visitation)
What This Department Does Not Do
- Take telephone messages for inmates
- Make telephone calls on behalf of those incarcerated
- Receive any books, magazines or other items on behalf of incarcerated inmates
- Release criminal record information (done through Clerk of Courts Office)
- Offer legal advice (seek private counsel or speak with a Magistrate)
Handle jury excuses (Jury matters are handled through the Clerk of Court