Currituck County Currituck County Image

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I register my child for youth athletic programs?
A. Registration for youth sports can be completed using any of the following methods:
  • Online here.
  • In person; The Parks and Recreation Department is located in the new Community Center/YMCA building in Barco, next door to the Cooperative Extension facility.
  • By mail; Complete the registration form and return it with full payment to: Currituck Parks and Recreation, 153 Courthouse Road, Suite 306, Currituck, NC 27929.

Q. I’ve registered my child for an athletic program and now he’s unable to participate. How do I get a refund?
A. Refunds are issued only in the following circumstances:
  • If a program is cancelled by the Parks & Recreation Department.
  • For a medical reason and with written notification from a doctor.
  • If a program participant's spot can be replaced with someone from a waiting list.

There are no refunds once an activity starts.

Q. What do I need to do in order to reserve a picnic pavilion?
A. The picnic pavilions provide an enjoyable location for family outings. Pavilions at both Maple Park and Sound Park may be reserved; pavilions at the County's other parks are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Citizens can obtain a park pavilion reservation form here, or by calling the Parks and Recreation Department at 252-232-3007.

Q. What types of activities does the Parks and Recreation Department offer for senior adults?
A. The Senior Centers are operated through the Parks and Recreation Department. For more information here for more information on Senior Center programs and activities.

Q. How can I find out if athletic events have been cancelled due to inclement weather?
A. For cancellation notices here.